Thursday, July 10, 2014
The Lexus NX is Lexus' first dive into the compact crossover segments. It is aimed towards the urban and active lifestyle with its edgy design. The exterior design of the NX is meant to provide a feeling of agility that is not usually associated with an SUV, while also being suitable for urban use. The NX is designed to look nimble while hinting at the incredible power lying beneath the surface. Front and rear flares harmonize with the diamond-shaped body at the spindle grille, and LED headlamps and daytime running lamps firmly express Lexus’ bold design language. The roofline peaks toward the rear of the vehicle, providing comfortable head-room. The flared wheel arches house 17 or 18 inch wheels that leave the NX in a muscular, crouching position. The interior of the Lexus NX is meant to compliment the urban, edgy exterior. It is designed with both comfort and quality alike. Advanced HMI (Human Machine Interface) is implemented in the NX, allowing for advanced and intuitive interaction between the driver and the Lexus.
Saturday, June 21, 2014
1) Check your air filter. A clean air filter can improve gas efficiency by up to 10%!
2) Align your tires. Tires that aren't properly aligned can result in your engine having to work harder than it would otherwise.
3) Take it slow. For every 5 miles per hour you reduce your speed, you can reduce your fuel consumption by 7%.
4) Keep it smooth. Jerky starts and stops can quickly add to your gas bill. Poor drivers can add an addition 1/3 on to their gas bill.
5) Take a break from the brake. Keeping your foot on the brakes can wear out your brake pads and increase your gas consumption by 35%
Small changes here and there may seem insignificant now, but when you find yourself stopping to fill up less frequently, you find out just how much they can add up.
Monday, June 9, 2014
Interesting Bloomberg fact:
On a retail sales basis, excluding vehicle purchases by businesses, Lexus was the top-selling U.S. luxury brand in the first quarter of 2014
Lexus has been head-to-head in sales with competitors such as Mercedes and BMW. As the year 2014 hits its peak, sales begin to do the same. Lexus has outsold Mercedes in both March and May, leaving Lexus only 12,000 vehicles from outselling BMW. While there is still a great deal of work to do before out-performing BMW in sales, next year could prove to be rather interesting with vehicles such as the RC and the NX in the lineup! The NX includes unique features such as its panoramic glass sun-roof audio-improvement technology that could prove to its advantage when compared to competitors and also help push Lexus over the edge in sales.
Sunday, May 25, 2014
Here are some interesting things you may not have known about the background of Lexus:
Lexus is a segment of the global giant Toyota Motor Corporation and the first Lexus cars were sold in the United States in 1989.
About 70 nations are part of Lexus’ target market, making it one of the most influential Japanese brands in any sector.
Lexus headquarters is located in Nagoya, Japan and has other operational headquarter locations in Brussels and Torrance.
The first officially launched Lexus car was the Lexus LS and it rolled out on the roads in the year 1989.
Since the time of the first launch, Lexus’ range of automobiles have expanded rapidly, having added more sedans, convertibles, sports utility vehicles and convertibles to our already impressive line-up.
Friday, May 9, 2014
As the warm weather starts to creep up on us, so do gas prices, and gas prices aren't the only expenses that begin to rise. Planning for vacations, cranking up that A/C and family barbecues can all be found on the list of things to keep in mind while budgeting for the months ahead. While planning for all of these spring-related expenditures, the last thing you want to do is take an unexpected trip to the shop because of small upkeep issues that slipped your mind. Here are a few small things you can do now that might end up saving you a great deal in the long run:
1) Protect your paint- As the sun begins to boil, your exterior can endure serious weathering! The last thing you want to do is find yourself spending thousands of dollars on a new paint job, when steps can be taken to prevent damage in the first place. First, park in the shade or purchase a car cover. The sun's Ultra Violet rays can cause your paint job to fade and lose its luster. Second, take the time to get your car waxed regularly. Getting it waxed can protect the paint and keep it from oxidizing and chipping.
2) Fix windshield chips- If your car is the unlucky recipient of a flying rock or small debris, it is important to repair it immediately. Windshield chips are small, relatively simple fixes that if gone unattended to, can turn into much more costly expenses. The area affected is much weaker than the rest of the windshield, and the pressure can cause a large crack to develop. In an effort to prevent having your entire windshield replaced, fix small chips as soon as they occur.
3) Change oil frequently- We all know the important of changing our oil. (Right?) One thing that can help to prolong your engines life is to change it more frequently than not. Oil changes help to flush the excess dirt and grime out of the engine, keeping it running smooth for longer.
Keep expenses down for the summer months so you can spend less time in the shop and more time getting where you need to go.
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
SPREAD THE SAVINGS! FRIENDS & FAMILY SAVINGS ON APRIL 26TH!
That is right on Saturday April 26th from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Hendrick Lexus Kansas City North will give our customers Friends & Family Special Savings. With Spring in the air we wanted to celebrate with our loyal customers and fans.
Make sure to come in early to get the best selection!
Visit us online at http://www.HendrickLexusKansasCityNorth.com
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Driving in Bad Weather
The best thing to do when the roads are icy or snow covered is to avoid driving if possible. However, there are times that we cannot avoid getting out on the roads. In times like this there a few things to consider that might help keep you safe.
First: Be sure to leave in plenty of time so that you can keep your speeds low. Driving slow will not only help you control your vehicle it will also help stopping.
Second: Brake gently to avoid sliding, and if you start to lose traction and slide let off the brake.
Third: Fully remove ice and snow from the windshield and lights. This will give you the best chance of seeing any obstacles and allow others to see you.
Finally: Don’t assume your vehicle is able to handle any road condition. Even if you made a great decision by purchasing one of the safest vehicles made there are conditions that are not suitable for any vehicle. Never pass a snowplow and do not drive through snow banks.
Be safe from Hendrick Lexus Kansas City North!